The Trust Board is accountable to the Secretary of State and for the compliance with government and ESFA requirements, company law and charity law. Whilst the Trust Board will remain accountable, the structure allows for delegation of decisions to the most appropriate body.
The Trust’s Articles of Association and Scheme of Delegation Authority set out the details of the structure.
The Members of the Trust:
- Ensure the objectives of the Trust are met
- Determine the Trust’s constitution and governance structure
- Appoint Trustees
The Members of the Trust are:
- Mr John Artis
- Mr Ian Fortune
- Mr Charles Hardy
- Mr Michael Jones
- Ms Cathy Lynch
The Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees is responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation, its students and the performance management of staff
- Overseeing the financial performance
The Board has three sub committees: Audit, Standards and Finance.
The Trustees are:
- Ms Pat Frankland (Chair)
- Mr Spencer Bowen (Vice Chair)
- Mr Nick Clark (Executive Principal)
- Mr Farouk Durrani
- Ms Kate Fulker
- Mr Stephen Hewes
- Ms Yvette Robbins
- Mr Richard Stephen
- Mr Gerard Weide
- Mr Chris Whelan (CEO)
The Executive Team
The Executive Team is led by the CEO, Chris Whelan and Executive Principal, Nick Clark. They are accountable for the outcomes of colleges and schools within the Trust.